By Lisa Hark, Horace DeLisser
Achieving Cultural Competency: A Case-Based method of education healthiness Professionals presents the required instruments to fulfill the ever-growing want for culturally useful practitioners and trainees. Twenty-five self-study situations conceal a number of clinical issues, together with cardiovascular, pulmonary, neurology, oncology, hematology, immunology, and pediatric problems. real eventualities that happened in scientific settings support the person achieve direct perception into the realities of perform at the present time. Cultural elements lined in the instances contain cultural variety plus gender, language, folks ideals, socioeconomic prestige, faith, and sexual orientation.
This ebook is an licensed CME-certifying task to satisfy physicians' cultural competency country standards.
Read Online or Download Achieving Cultural Competency. A Case-Based Approach to Training Health Professionals PDF
Best medical ebooks books
Strength research is a vital device for picking no matter if a statistically major end result should be anticipated in a systematic test ahead of the test being played. This complete, obtainable publication presents training researchers with step by step directions for accomplishing power/sample dimension analyses, assuming simply uncomplicated previous wisdom of precis statistics and basic distribution.
Nueva edición de una obra que pretende aportar y facilitar información rigurosa y equilibrada sobre todos los problemas respiratorios que puedan plantearse ante un médico asistencial. Los autores actualizan todos los contenidos, manteniendo los a hundred capítulos de los angeles anterior edición, agrupados en sixteen secciones, y prestando especial atención a aquellas áreas en las que se han producido más novedades terapéuticas y diagnósticas a lo largo de los últimos años.
Continual kidney ailment (CKD) is a transforming into around the globe public ailment because of the expanding variety of sufferers with diabetes and high blood pressure, but in addition from the getting older of the inhabitants. because the pathology linked to CKD seems to be to develop into extra complicated with age, it's necessary to increase the diagnosis of sufferers being affected by CKD through constructing potent measures to avoid and regulate problems for the aged.
- Outcomes Assessment in End-Stage Kidney Disease: Measurements and Applications in Clinical Practice
- Clinical trials : a practical approach
- Modern Pharmaceutics, Fifth Edition, Volume 1: Basic Principles and Systems (Drugs and the Pharmaceutical Sciences, Volume 188)
- The Histogenesis of the Spinal Ganglia
Extra info for Achieving Cultural Competency. A Case-Based Approach to Training Health Professionals
The doctor-patient relationship may be negatively affected when the physician makes superficial judgments about patients based on stereotypes of a racial, ethnic, or socioeconomic (Cases 2, 11, 24, 25). A lack of patient empowerment, as a response to perceived higher status of the physician, may pose a barrier to building rapport, and result in an inability to question the physician’s recommendations, or an overly trusting, dependent patient. , deserving of special treatment), and whether the patient is rich or poor, can also negatively affect the doctor-patient relationship.
3. R. Unequal Treatment: Confronting Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. ): Committee on Understanding and Eliminating Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Health Care. The National Academies Press, 2003. 4. Association of American Medical Colleges. Cultural Competence Education for Medical Students. 2005. htm. 5. National Consortium for Multicultural Education for Health Professionals. edu. 6. University of Pennsylvania School of Medicine’s Cultural Competency Medical Education Program and Resources.
2) Accreditation Council for Graduate Medical Educa tion (ACGME). In 1999, ACGME identified six core competencies for physicians: patient care, medical knowledge, practice-based learning and improvement, interpersonal and communication skills, professionalism, and systems-based practice (29). The fourth competency requires interpersonal and communication skills resulting in effective information exchange and collaboration with patients, their families, and other health professionals. ” Health care organizations and health professional training programs are therefore beginning to develop cultural competence initiatives.